Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Unacceptable: A New Post Series

I'll be the first to admit that my dice game skills aren't the best. I don't even know how to play Yahtzee properly aside from the yelling of "Yahtzee!" as loudly and frequently as possible, which, as I understand, is the best part of the game. So I consider myself no expert on the fineries of the dice gaming world. But there can't be any excuse for this. This dice rolling set has been priced by the manufacturer at 290, which is unacceptable.

 

This game also seems convoluted: card symbols where the dice dots should be, poker chips, a leather mug--ostensibly for rolling, though I thought that's what my hand was for; and why is there a pouch for pirate gold if they don't include pirate gold in the set? I got this link from Selectism, a site I revere for its almost universal fine taste and sartorial wisdom. But I will not be linking the article, as they actually said it would be a great gift for Father's Day. Which I guess it might, if you're dad is Winston Churchill or spends his evenings at the Reform Club. 

If money is tight but you're still aching to give dad a terrible present, look no further: EBay for $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment